[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - temperature

Bryce Nesbitt bryce2 at obviously.com
Wed Feb 11 16:45:43 UTC 2015

On Tue, Feb 10, 2015 at 9:04 PM, Warin <61sundowner at gmail.com> wrote:

> A hotel room that has air conditioning may be both heated or cooled
> depending on the desired temperature and the ambient temperature (and the
> air conditioner). It usually supplies a measure of fresh air too. I think
> that this should be considered as part of the building .. and a sub tag
> developed for that?

In fact I think this is the key interesting characteristic to map:  does it
have a chiller or heater at all?
The specific temperature is likely set by the user, or varies by the
season, and thus is a poor choice for a database key value.

Either the substance is supplied at local ambient, or a facility is made to
raise or lower the temperature:

 heated=yes
 cooled=no

> A heated pool would be warm, cooled would be cool? Same with spars and
> taps..

If adjustable, e.g. as most showers are, then the tag
> 'temperature=adjustable' is part of this proposal...

Frequently it's adjustable just one way.  For example we have water heaters
for showers, but a water chiller is exceptionally rare.

'temperature=adjustable' does not capture it really.  A hotel room with a
heater but no cooler for example is "adjustable", but
not a good place to go when it's 100F and humid.