[Tagging] Waste_collection - a new Feature Proposal - RFC

David Bannon dbannon at internode.on.net
Sat Feb 14 01:33:29 UTC 2015

OK folks, here it really is !  A small group have identified a need for
a new high level tag, waste_collection=

Likely values to be identified in a latter and separate process. Not
unlike those used for waste=, a subtag of amenity=waste_disposal;waste=*

The background is that while we started talking about improving tags
that apply to campsites, we quickly realised that waste (rubbish, trash,
garbage, human waste, animal waste) exists on its own, usually far too
much of it !  I consider the small amount of data in OSM referring to
waste a sure indication that this is an unaddressed need.

Please comment on the proposed name : key:waste_disposal and its high
levelness.

A discussion about possible values would be useful but we consider that
we should get the key up first and then talk about values. Please see
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:amenity%3Dwaste_disposal
and
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:waste

David