[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - key:rubbish=

David Bannon dbannon at internode.on.net
Wed Feb 18 03:50:49 UTC 2015

On Wed, 2015-02-18 at 08:52 +1100, Warin wrote:

> go with a new top level tag ... waste_collection=*
>
> -----------------------------
> To say there is no support for a new top level tag waste_collection=*
> based on the talk here .. well there are lots of people not saying
> anything .. possibly they have nothing to add, or just see it as a
> good idea and may vote later or see it as a lost cause. I too would
> like to see them speak up - any direction they chose. But so few speak
> up. a few more vote.

Warin, lets face facts, only you and I have spoken in favour of
waste_collection=.  Two have spoken against it. Need I remind you of the
words of the OSM Guardians before they left this mortal world =

"Yea, be there but one nay vote, there must be no less than 10 and 5
votes, less the proposal be lost"  The First Wiki, chap 7, verse 4

waste_collection= is not going to fly !

So, we need to chose between

* leaving it as it is - easy choice
* Adding dump_station to waste=  - consistent with whats there now.
* Adding dump_station to amenity= - easier to map (?)

Honestly, by a small margin, I'd prefer middle option. If we move human
waste out of waste=  why not the others ?

But I don't care !  Please, put something up for a vote and I'll vote
for it. Just get it done, this has gone on for far too long.

David