[Tagging] Change of rendering: place of worship and, terminal without building tag

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Sat Jan 3 11:02:25 UTC 2015

On 3/01/2015 4:56 PM, tagging-request at openstreetmap.org wrote:
> Date: Sat, 03 Jan 2015 04:45:24 +0100
> From: Andreas Goss<andig88 at t-online.de>
> To:tagging at openstreetmap.org
> Subject: Re: [Tagging] Change of rendering: place of worship and
> 	terminal without building tag
>
>> >landuse=religious
> Which still nobody knows what it is supposed to be used for...

I too don't know what it is to be used for. However Australian
Aborigines have 'sacred sites' that could be tagged that way. Ayres Rock
springs to mind. One scrared site was vandalised... the road that goes
past it has been closed for at least 30 years. So the sites are
important, but they may not want the public to know their location due
to the possible vandalism. I've come across a site in India that was
tagged for a church IIRC .. but no building was present.