[Tagging] Change of rendering: place of worship and, terminal without building tag

Janko Mihelić janjko at gmail.com
Sat Jan 3 15:28:55 UTC 2015

Landuse=religious AFAIK started being used for land that is owned by a
religious entity, and in it there would be schools, playgrounds, priest
living grounds, and so on. Then this was disputed, and if this was actually
landuse=residential.

Some said it should be used for the land around a church, similar to
amenity=school around a building=school. There are parks around temples in
Japan that are sacred and they are being tagged with it.

Anyway, the tag is a bit vague, but I wouldn't say it's too problematic.