[Tagging] Power networks European codification scheme

Ole Nielsen on-osm at xs4all.nl
Thu Jan 15 20:27:56 UTC 2015

I'm not sure how these codes could benefit OSM. They seem to be mostly
for use in transactions between entities such as TSO's and would have
little public interest, even for power grid 'nerds' like me.

Further, from where would you get these codes (with an odbl compatible
license)? I have never seen such codes used on public websites of TSO's
and power companies. And I don't think they label substations, power
plants with such codes at the gates so you can't get them from surveys.

Ole