[Tagging] RFD pipeline sub tag substance

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Thu Jan 29 22:52:05 UTC 2015

> if you want the "liquid" information, use
> aggregate_state=liquid
> IMHO for pipelines it would be more interesting to tag the pressure
> and the inner diameter of the tube.

Agreed in part.

If 'we' tag what we see at the site .. then the pipe line it self is
first then the outside diameter of the pipe is next.

  The difference between inside and outside diameters in most cases
(except of small pipes .. and they are not something 'we' would be
mapping at the moment?) would be small, and probably much less than the
mappers error in estimating the pipe's diameter (outer)? Very minor
point. To cover any case .. just use diameter? And let the mapper use
what ever they think is easiest/best?

----------------
Does what is inside the pipe need to be tagged? Yes .. because that is
the reason for the existence of the pipe. And tells us a lot about where
it comes from and goes too. Ok?

Pressure and temperature and substance would give the state (if mostly
only one substance is present) so maybe the state does not need to be
tagged?

----------------
Water .. why is this such a problem? Because it has so many uses, is so
common? And 'we' assume so much about it? So 'we' have to deal with
it... I too like 'grey water' .. but its meaning is too specific. I like
some descritor that covers water that is not drinking water and not
sewerage... that would include grey water, storm and water used for
air-conditioning?  Or am I trying to be too general? Maybe;

potable water
grey water - includes storm water
industrial water (as used for heating, cooling, washing things etc)
[hate that 'etc'!]
sewerage

4 categories? I'd like to reduce that to 3 .. but does not look like it
is going to happen. Ideas?