[Tagging] RFD tag:shop=camera?

pmailkeey . pmailkeey at googlemail.com
Thu Jun 4 00:18:02 UTC 2015

On 4 June 2015 at 00:59, John Willis <johnw at mac.com> wrote:

> Its been an uphill battle to get even the most basic (read: required)
> Japanese mapping conventions accepted. Traffic light rendering is still a
> big stinky pile of garbage. Kanji rendering is still really bad compared to
> Roman characters - both are being worked on by people better than me, but
> two down-voted proposals to get traffic light labeling/rendering "fixed"
> for SE asia shows where the priorities are for OSM/-carto.
>
> Javbw

I see no reason why different 'cultures' cannot completely ignore
'standard' carto and tags and just do their own thing. If I was looking on
Japanese OSM for a restaurant, I'd expect to not find a single one. If I
was looking for レストラン then I'd expect to find many.

--
Mike.
@millomweb <https://sites.google.com/site/millomweb/index/introduction> -

*currently unavailable due to ongoing harassment of me, my family, property
& pets*

T&Cs <https://sites.google.com/site/pmailkeey/e-mail>