[Tagging] How to tag a Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (US:DMV)

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Tue Jun 9 11:12:45 UTC 2015

2015-06-09 12:27 GMT+02:00 Paul Johnson <baloo at ursamundi.org>:

> There's got to be a better way to do this.  Oregon, this would be handled
> by the DMV in rural areas, and the Department of Environmental Quality in
> the Metro and Lane County regions.  In Oklahoma, this would be handled by
> the Oklahoma Tax Commission, same as you'd get a fishing license.
> Driver's licenses are similarly weird; Oregon you'd do the whole thing in
> a Soviet breadline-like marathon at the DMV.  Oklahoma, you go to a
> Department of Public Safety office, and have a reserve state trooper
> perform your driving test, then you get an 8x11 inch piece of paper that
> says you're allowed to drive in Oklahoma.  If you want to drive in other
> states, then you go to the Oklahoma Tax Commission and pay the $35 to get
> the card other states recognize (and can be used as state ID).

that's why I suggested to use a multi tag approach. One tag to say it is a
government office, one to say at which level (admin level) and then tags
for the stuff you can do there (property list) or about the general
classification (e.g. tax office, ministry of education, torture agency, ...)

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/tagging/attachments/20150609/6482d6a3/attachment.html>

More information about the Tagging mailing list