[Tagging] Feature Proposal - Voting - Reception Desk.

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Wed Jun 17 08:05:09 UTC 2015

sent from a phone

> Am 17.06.2015 um 03:18 schrieb Warin <61sundowner at gmail.com>:
>
> Response;
> a) OSM already has furniture. It exists and is of use. It should be mapped.

agree that who wants could map furniture as well, but that would not be "amenity" and I would not care about such a tag and it would not be the main tag for the reception function

> b) One could then map a very large area .. including the waiting area, the entire building? What is needed is the small area where you go to get access/information.

it can be easily decided by the mapper what makes most sense for the actual situation

> c) And there was a dog_bin in use in OSM too.. one could assume that it is for dead dogs? The present reception_area use is all on nodes, no areas at all. There are less than 110 uses of it. There is no documentation for it. One of the tag is for a building .. on a node.

there are more than 30 times reception_area tags compared to reception_desk, but both numbers are low

> d) I personally know of two places where the reception is a long way from the main entrance (Australia). Someone else also know of a reception a long way from the main entrance (Africa I think). So not always at the main entry, and in that situation mapping it is very usefull.

+1, if someone thinks a tag is not needed he should not vote, because voting is about a concrete tag and which tag is best to describe something

cheers
Martin