[Tagging] Feature Proposal - Voting - Reception Desk.

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 01:10:55 UTC 2015

On 22/06/2015 1:49 AM, Kotya Karapetyan wrote:

> On Sun, Jun 21, 2015 at 5:33 PM, Chris Hill <osm at raggedred.net
> <mailto:osm at raggedred.net>> wrote:
>
>     Voting is a pointless, broken process that means absolutely nothing.
>

> I think voting is a good indicator of the community opinion. As such,
> it is useful. I agree of course that we are not bound by the outcome,
> but it does introduce some uniformity IMO.

Agreed. Voting is usefull!
Some 38 people voted on the Mk1 reception_desk. Only one IIRC expressed
'desk' as a bad idea.

On the Mk2 reception_desk there were not many comments made during the
RFC phase.
Disappointing that they have not all seen fit to vote on theMk2 version.
And now there is a number of people opposing the 'desk' part.

GOOD!!!!!! Please speak up. If you don't like something .. say so. Even
better to have an idea as a suggested replacement. But don't just leave
it as one person oposing something like the 'desk' part of
reception_desk .. it apears there is only one person opsing that bit ..
add your concern to give that indication of a majority .. other wise the
proposer thinks it is only one person who thinks that way.

Unfortunately many people only vote .. they don't speak up during the
comments phase. I do wish they would speak up then.