[Tagging] Mapping private home toilets

AYTOUN RALPH ralph.aytoun at ntlworld.com
Tue Mar 3 15:52:31 UTC 2015

I believe there is room for tagging both the amenity and the private toilet
where this is deemed a positive study point.
The amenity=toilet is an existing tag for public access amenity and is
rendered on the map.
As toilets do not sit out in the open (except in some continental places
where it is just a modesty wall) but are rather housed in a structure of
some kind then I see no reason why we could not add a non-rendering tag
 toilet=yes to a building for private toilets either in a residence or
outhouse. That way anyone who wishes to do a study can search for the tag
toilet.
Hope this comment helps the discussion