[Tagging] Mapping private home toilets

Bryce Nesbitt bryce2 at obviously.com
Tue Mar 3 23:13:03 UTC 2015

On Tue, Mar 3, 2015 at 2:12 PM, Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdreist at gmail.com>
wrote:

>> Here's a draft of a wiki tag for this:
>> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Template:Mapping_Private_Property
>>

> This seems to be written with a certain cultural, legal and political
> background. E.g. there are even people questioning the concept of private
> property in general. Particularily this sentence might need
> reconsideration: "Significant private objects such as building outlines or
> swimming pools should be visible from a public place."

Agreed, there's a lot of cultural context in that statement.
So far the OSM project seems to be OK that "from the air" is a public
place, and things visible are fair to map.

All the same: please don't map my rubbish bin, or my backyard trampoline,
even though both can be picked on an air photo.

--
What if anything should we do about the toilets inside people's houses that
are mapped amenity=toilets?