[Tagging] Current status of the key smoothness=*

Jan van Bekkum jan.vanbekkum at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 16:29:38 UTC 2015

I fully agree with Martin.

Availability of a tag like this is very important. I have to be able to
enter a value while I am driving without sophisticated measuring equipment.
I rather have a rating that is one step off on the scale than no rating at
all. Many of these roads are in areas where few mappers do site surveys (I
think of the roads we drove in Kenya), so any input is welcome even if it
isn't perfect. We ran into some nasty surprises during our trip because the
road quality wasn't tagged at all.

Perhaps we can extend the library of pictures in the wiki to give people a
better feeling which rating means what.

Again: better an imperfect tag than no tag at all.