[Tagging] [Talk-bf] Buildings blocks

Jean-Marc Liotier jm at liotier.org
Wed Mar 11 17:14:49 UTC 2015

On 11/03/2015 18:04, althio wrote:

> To Séverin,
>
> For your particular case with your students and considering your time
> frame I would say:
> IMO it is taggable, no need to avoid in OSM. Go ahead.
> My preference is either place=block or place=plot. Pick as you wish
> and set the trend.

Why not use both ? The two illustration below illustrate quite well how
the city_block is divided into plots:
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/be/City_block.PNG
http://i.imgur.com/jbIe1vB.png

And it will be a great pedagogical opportunity to explain that not every
tag is rendered by the demo rendering openstreetmap.org but that it is
nevertheless useful to use it because other renderers or users in
general will be able to use it anyway.