[Tagging] Accepted or rejected?

Marc Gemis marc.gemis at gmail.com
Mon Mar 16 10:55:22 UTC 2015

On Mon, Mar 16, 2015 at 11:31 AM, Warin <61sundowner at gmail.com> wrote:

> Approval and rejection at the moment are only tagging group indicators..
> the best 'indicator' is that it is rendered.
> And that is not a function of JOSM nor iD .. but the renderers .. there
> are a few of them .. if they all render some OSM object then that tag has
> 'made it'.
> I think the 'approval' and 'rejection' should stay where it is .. it is
> not the be all and end all of a tag.

-1,
 Think about the surface, the turn:lanes, destination or 3D buildings keys.
They are not rendered on all "few renderers". Still they are important
enough to keep (just assume they just past your approval process), as some
navigation software will rely on them or specialized maps.
I don't think "being rendered on all renderers" is a proper decision
criteria.

regards