[Tagging] Accepted or rejected?

Kotya Karapetyan kotya.lists at gmail.com
Tue Mar 17 23:40:48 UTC 2015

On Tue, Mar 17, 2015 at 4:05 PM, Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdreist at gmail.com
> wrote:

> I also don't think there is a procedure to change the proposal voting
> system and how votes are counted. 8 votes in favor of a change seem too
> few, and besides this, IMHO this is not something we should vote on the
> tagging mailing list, I suggest to announce it more broadly, eg on the
> national lists and on talk.

Hi Martin,

I proposed 8 votes because this is how the proposals are approved :) I
couldn't come up with a higher number, for the same reason why we have such
a low number of voters for proposals.
As for where to discuss it: If we discuss the proposals on this list, isn't
it a natural place to discuss how we vote for them as well?
If all people interested in proposing things or voting for them are present
here, then this is the right place to agree how we vote for them.
If interested people are not reading this list, then how are they supposed
to join the tagging discussion?

I agree though that it should be at least mentioned in the page talk. Will
do.

Cheers,
Kotya