[Tagging] Deleting private objects in private spaces

Janko Mihelić janjko at gmail.com
Wed Mar 18 10:28:52 UTC 2015

So theoretically, we shouldn't ban anything from being mapped (or almost
anything). But practically, we don't want people being routed to the
nearest toilet that is actually inside a power plant. How do we fix this?

One way could be to add a prefix like "private:"
 to anything that is by default public. So, private:amenity=toilette, or
private:amenity=waste_disposal. Then, add an operator tag to it, like,
"operator=Massachusetts Electric Company". If you find yourself inside an
area that has "operator=Massachusetts Electric Company", then the router
can safely assume you can access anything with the "private:" prefix and a
"operator=Massachusetts Electric Company" tag.

Janko