[Tagging] Deleting private objects in private spaces

Janko Mihelić janjko at gmail.com
Wed Mar 18 10:52:29 UTC 2015

if that toilet is tagged with amenity=toilets it is a tagging error and the
> tag should be fixed or the object completely removed. The toilets tag is
> for "toilet[s] open to the public".

Well, it is a toilet, and it is an amenity, although a private one. So why
not private:amenity=* or maybe amenity:private=* ?

Also that scheme would require really a lot of tags to be added because it
> seems it doesn't rely on inheritance from encompassing objects.

What new tags do you speak of? I didn't quite understand. Did you mean we
should invent an access=* tag that is by it's nature inherited from
encompassing objects?

Janko