[Tagging] Accepted or rejected?

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 10:41:04 UTC 2015

> Do we have abstention possible at all? The voting system currently only
> implements "yes" and "no":
> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Template:Vote.
> If we had abstention, I would have rather counted it as non-supporting. A
> proposal where people don't care or object is not a good one IMO.
>
> However, I wouldn't mind changing it, since, as it is, there would be no
> difference. To not re-vote this change, let's accept it first, and then we
> can improve it further.

Yes, we do have abstentions, basically everything that is neither a "yes"
nor a "no" is an abstention. I'd prefer to not count them as opposing, as
they usually make comments like "I don't care for voting" or "it doesn't
matter to me", why should those count against a proposal (like it is now)?
You chose your words cleverly, because I agree, they are also
"non-supporting", but still, you can't see them as "objecting" neither.

Cheers,
Martin