[Tagging] Wiki 2.0 Proposal: Unregulated voting : But you must convince another mapper to finalize changes

Bryce Nesbitt bryce2 at obviously.com
Thu Mar 19 22:42:13 UTC 2015

On Thu, Mar 19, 2015 at 3:14 PM, David Bannon <dbannon at internode.on.net>
wrote:

> Now, 'horizontal lines', an innovation. Do you see people re-voting
> every time there is a horizontal line ? I may fail to do so because its
> some minor change, unless someone trawls through the history, hard to
> see impact of changes.

The goal here is to be less binary.
That a mapper considering a tag can scan the page and see the history.
A lot of green, maybe they map.
A lot of red/green, maybe they decide to look farther.

--
The proposal comes down to show the history, let the mapper decide, but
ensure that one person acting alone is not making tagging policy.