[Tagging] Wiki 2.0 Proposal: Unregulated voting : But you must convince another mapper to finalize changes

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 23:58:31 UTC 2015

On 20/03/2015 9:42 AM, Bryce Nesbitt wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 19, 2015 at 3:14 PM, David Bannon
> <dbannon at internode.on.net <mailto:dbannon at internode.on.net>> wrote:
>
>     Now, 'horizontal lines', an innovation. Do you see people re-voting
>     every time there is a horizontal line ? I may fail to do so
>     because its
>     some minor change, unless someone trawls through the history, hard to
>     see impact of changes.
>

> The goal here is to be less binary.
> That a mapper considering a tag can scan the page and see the history.
> A lot of green, maybe they map.
> A lot of red/green, maybe they decide to look farther.
>
> --
> The proposal comes down to show the history, let the mapper decide,
> but ensure that one person acting alone is not making tagging policy.

When choosing to use a tag I want to look at the tag alone. I chose it
based on its suitability for my situation.  I don't look at who proposed
it, who voted for/against and the variations. I look at the tag.

Past historic discussions that probably have no bearing on my situation
simply confuse, I want to make a quick simple decision based on the
present tag and my situation.

An proposer is bound to find one other person to make the tag 'valid'
under this idea. I think that is a bad idea ... may become divided into
groups that promote each others tags?