David Bannon dbannon at internode.on.net
Sun Mar 22 01:52:49 UTC 2015

On Sun, 2015-03-22 at 07:45 +0700, Dave Swarthout wrote:

> I don't think this is accurate. In my experience, designated sites are
> very similar to commercial sites except you pay a government for the

No no no !  Dave, if its effectively similar to a commercial camp
ground, it should be mapped as a commercial camp ground. I don't care
where the money goes, point is if full service, you pay an appropriate
fee, someone is in charge.

The description Jan has for a "Designated camp grounds" describes a type
of camp ground perfectly. Free or nominal fee. You come and go as you
please (although lots do set a max stay). There is no one in charge and,
naturally, few facilities are provided. usually don't have predefined
'pitches' (hate that word!) and tend to be a bit better spaced. Do get
very busy at times, sure ! Don't exist everywhere but I use them a lot
and they need to be mapped.

Maybe we need to change the definition of commercial cam grounds to
better cover the type of thing you are talking about ?

David