David Bannon dbannon at internode.on.net
Wed Mar 25 23:17:55 UTC 2015

Sorry Jan, cannot find the proposal page quickly. But I think we may be
arguing about the meaning of "designated" ?

If a commercial operation 'allows' its park or courtyard to be used this
way, then I'd suggest they are, to some degree 'designating' it. Just by
not moving people on.

In the same way extensive use a tag in OSM makes it 'official'.

Under my category scheme, we don't use the word designated at all. We
describe just what is apparently there. Perhaps an extra tag needs be
developed to indicate its less formal basis but I am not sure of even
that. Please look at the words again -

>              David's model (camp_site=* ) -
>         Basic = nothing other than an area to pitch a tent or park
          a vehicle.
>         Standard = Basic + toilets and water
>         Serviced = Standard + shower + power
>         Fully_Serviced = Serviced + camp kitchen + Laundry
>         Deluxe = Fully_Serviced + swimming pool/restaurant

David