[Tagging] Tagging method of amenities at camp_sites

Jan van Bekkum jan.vanbekkum at gmail.com
Sat Mar 28 06:17:12 UTC 2015

What do I see on the map when I use the stacked amenity model? A campsite
symbol with a restaurant below it or a restaurant symbol with a campsite
below it? A search in OsmAnd will give me the campsite in all cases, but it
cannot always show all tags below it, so I don't know all amenities by
looking at the node. If I have separate nodes I always see them all.

If I (roughly) know the camping perimeter I can place the amenities as
nodes or buildings within them. Having three nodes close together but not
at the exact location is not worse than having a single stacked node  which
isn't a the exact place either. If you don't know the perimeter at all draw
something that clearly isn't the real shape ( a small square or a circle)
and put all nodes within it.