[Tagging] RFC - obligatory usage - bicycle=obligatory

Simon Poole simon at poole.ch
Sat Mar 28 12:24:33 UTC 2015

I have to say that this adds yet another value to the bicycle tag that
doesn't solve any problems (note: if at all it naturally should be
"mandatory" however that is not my primary concern).

We have bicycle=designated and bicycle=official for mandatory use
cycleways (where the concept of such exists). "official" already tries
to capture a nuance in a specific countries law that is lost on most
(and probably doesn't exist in reality) trying to differentiate further
doesn't make any sense (and we already have use_sidepath thrown in to
the mix).

Simon