[Tagging] recommend tagging of volcanos as ways rather than nodes

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 11:26:35 UTC 2015

I suggest to tag volcanos on ways rather than nodes, if possible. Currently
the wiki states that only nodes should be used, and while I agree that
nodes might be a preliminary way of mapping, I think that typically
volcanos are bigger than just a point, and would merit an area to be mapped.

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag%3Anatural%3Dvolcano

Just discovered, this was changed only one year ago by user geozeisig,
before there was a recommendation for areas as well:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/w/index.php?title=Tag%3Anatural%3Dvolcano&diff=996213&oldid=995784

Are there objections to put this back to areas or nodes? Is there support
for such an action?

Cheers,
Martin