[Tagging] Tagging of pitches within a campsite

Tod Fitch tod at fitchdesign.com
Sat May 2 20:39:47 UTC 2015

It may be common in some areas to allow pitching tents anywhere within a designated area. But I have mapped a couple of backcountry (backpack) trail camps that have a numbered post at each pitch, so I know that they do exist and we ought to allow for it. In the two cases I can think of at the moment they pitches were fairly spartan with only a cleared area and fire ring for each.

Perhaps they exist in my area because of issues with fire danger: They really only want you having a fire or using a camp stove in designated areas. Maybe areas that get more rain don’t need to worry as much about that type of thing.

Cheers,
Tod