[Tagging] Named junctions

tomoya muramoto muramototomoya at gmail.com
Mon Nov 9 12:38:15 UTC 2015

Hi Javbw, I want to confirm your point.

*You want to establish a new tag such as traffic_signals_area to solve
multiple signals rendering.
*Opinions on the new tag are welcome from Japanese/Asian community because
rendering of traffic signal and its name is very important for (car)
navigation in Japan/Asia.

You showed another issue such as dual labels or default map localization,
but I want to focus on the above issue at this time.

I will post a mail to Japanese ML after some document translation finished
such as traffic_signals_area.

--
I like Mapion too. But Mapion is not perfect.

At first, check Yahoo map.
http://maps.loco.yahoo.co.jp/maps?type=scroll&datum=wgs&mode=map&pointer=off&lat=35.4573089010882&lon=139.619295364418&z=19
You will see an unnamed traffic signal just north of Tobe (戸部) station.

However Mapion doesn't show it.
http://www.mapion.co.jp/m2/35.45725737865473,139.61930034601284,19
And Google map doesn't show it.

And you will notice multiple traffic signals rendering on Mapion just east
of that signal. Nothing is perfect. But at least we can make OSM better.

muramoto