[Tagging] bicycle=use_sidepath applicable to bicycle lanes?

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Fri Nov 27 15:46:28 UTC 2015

> It seems to be a nice smooth cycleway (so smooth hat it has a speed limit
> of 20km/h), but a good lawyer could earn a lot of money when it comes to
> the question whether this is a cycleway with mandatory use in case of a
> serous accident with a cyclists on the nearby street. I don't know th
> answer to the question whether this is or is not a mandatory-use cycleway.

I'm not sure either. The crossings are a bit unclear, there are only
pedestrian crossings, and the cycleway explicitly starts after the
crossing, but it never ends (there is no sign).
https://www.google.it/maps/@41.8523762,12.4882604,3a,45.5y,231.7h,86.05t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sLj1pIxXD2x2ZPjVhSZDeuw!2e0!7i13312!8i6656?hl=en
https://www.google.it/maps/@41.852339,12.4879281,3a,20.2y,80.52h,86.02t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sKakvcxFc8HLdy39dy_rVAw!2e0!7i13312!8i6656?hl=en

btw., the tagging is wrong, as foot should be permissive, they are not
allowed on this cycleway (not at the section in the links above), gonna fix
this soon (I'm not completely sure whether the signs have been replaced
since the streetview car passed).

Cheers,
Martin