[Tagging] bicycle=use_sidepath applicable to bicycle lanes?

Volker Schmidt voschix at gmail.com
Fri Nov 27 17:42:03 UTC 2015

I'm not sure either. The crossings are a bit unclear, there are only
> pedestrian crossings, and the cycleway explicitly starts after the
> crossing,

Formally the crossing is bicycle dismount, but, as the cycleway ends and
re-starts at the pedestrian crossing, by the wonders of the Italian
laws/rules/whatever this pedestrian crossing is not a pedestrian crossng,
but a bicycle and pedestrian crossing, even though nobody knows that (all
tanks to our FIAB expert and his written enquiries with the Ministry of
Transport)

<https://www.google.it/maps/@41.852339,12.4879281,3a,20.2y,80.52h,86.02t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sKakvcxFc8HLdy39dy_rVAw!2e0!7i13312!8i6656?hl=en>

> btw., the tagging is wrong, as foot should be permissive,

foot=no is the correct tagging, as the path shows clearly the white bicycle
on a blue disk.