[Tagging] new access value

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Tue Oct 6 09:29:20 UTC 2015

> > IMHO we should change the wiki to make this more explicit, because the
> > German situation is similar, it isn't sufficient to want to go there
> (like
> > the wiki currently states), but you have to want to come in contact with
> > someone living there or operating his business there.
>
> I am ok with explicitely stating in the wiki that access=destination does
> *not* require contact with residents.

I wouldn't do that, but I'd rather make it the opposite way (state that
destination does require contact). I'm not sure about the term "residents".
Are these signs only found in areas which are "purely residential" (i.e.
there are no offices if not inside residences and run by the resident, no
shops, haircutters, agencies, ...)? Otherwise I'd include something
referring to businesses. We should check if the currently described
definition in the wiki for "destination" is correctly describing the
situation for some place on Earth (some jurisdiction). If yes we have to
leave it as it is IMHO, and we'd have to retag a lot of stuff in Germany.
If not we could change the definition.

> > "visitors" would exclude a lot of stuff, including residents. Also
> "visitor"
> > implies IMHO you have to stay. Is the postman a "visitor"? I'd say no.
>
> I don't know either. This is why I started this thread. What value do you
> suggest?

I'd use "destination" (with the changed definition). We do need maybe
another value anyway for Austria, from what I read in WP there is a
distinction between "Anrainer frei" (who has his residence there) and
"Anrainerverkehr frei" (adds the people that want to come into contact with
residents).

Cheers,
Martin