[Tagging] Shop values review

Daniel Koć daniel at xn--ko-wla.pl
Wed Oct 7 13:58:23 UTC 2015

I was trying to review the shop values we show in osm-carto (top 100
according to TagInfo - you can list it by running this Ruby script:
https://github.com/gravitystorm/openstreetmap-carto/blob/master/scripts/shop_values.rb
) and here are my quick findings:

No wiki page or definition (some of them can be also candidates for
deprecating and replacing with something else):

builder
building_materials
craft
discount
energy
flooring
gallery
games
health_food
hobby
market
phone
real_estate
rental
salon
shoe_repair
tiles

Candidates for deprecating:

antique - no wiki, mentioned on antiques page so maybe deprecate and
propose antiques?
appliance - wiki redirects to electronics, so maybe deprecate and
propose electronics instead?
car_service - maybe car_repair?
communication - wiki redirects to mobile_phone, so maybe deprecate and
propose mobile_phone?
general - deprecate and propose to look for other shop values (like
"yes")?
health - medical_supply?
household - houseware?
interior_decoration - houseware?
office_supplies - stationery?
printing - copyshop?
radiotechnics - electronics?
sewing - maybe tailor?
shopping_centre - mall?
solarium - leisure=tanning_salon?
souvenir - gift?
tanning - leisure=tanning_salon?

Also organic is deprecated, but I was told that it was made by one
person, so we should also decide if we support this change or we want to
revert it.

What are your propositions?

down" [A. Cohen]