[Tagging] RFC key:oven - a tag to add details about a kind of oven

John Willis johnw at mac.com
Thu Oct 15 06:29:52 UTC 2015

> On Oct 14, 2015, at 10:35 PM, Tom Pfeifer <t.pfeifer at computer.org> wrote:
>

> Oxford dictionary describes kiln as
> "a furnace or oven for burning, baking, or drying, esp. one for calcining lime or firing pottery."

We should really separate things used to prepare foods and things used to make pottery, regardless of one type oven named a kiln.

I don't think trying to replicate the nuance of the dictionary is going to be helpful in this case because it confuses two tags that should not be confused.

Compare the google results for pottery kiln vs kilns for food. Will it reach 1/2 of a percent of pottery/glass/ceramic/metal?) kilns?

Unless you want to make  subkey oven=breadkiln or something, foodkilns should point back to oven.

Javbw