[Tagging] Postindustrial Castle

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Fri Oct 16 10:40:43 UTC 2015

sent from a phone

Am 16.10.2015 um 12:12 schrieb Warin <61sundowner at gmail.com>:

>> And btw., you have not yet answered the question regarding the Neuschwanstein case. I could name a similar example (besides the other Ludwig II castles in Bavaria), much smaller, here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lichtenstein_Castle_%28W%C3%BCrttemberg%29
> Appears to be a castle.
>>
>> Or also this one, residence of the emperor of Germany (prussian enclave), but not actually a defensive structure (but "fake defensive"): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hohenzollern_Castle
>
> Appears to be a castle. OSM maps 'what is on the ground.. so castle?

I've been to both these places several times and can tell you that on the ground corresponds to the descriptions, they both never were intended for or actually had defensive functions, despite features like a draw bridge or a weapons room with (original but brought there as furnishings ) armors, swords, crossbows etc.
These castles are romantic (stylistic/typological) copies referencing the past, not original defensive structures (like Neuschwanstein). Still, I d tag them as historic=castle (and subtags, start_date etc.)

cheers
Martin