[Tagging] Postindustrial Castle

johnw johnw at mac.com
Fri Oct 16 23:16:50 UTC 2015

> On Oct 17, 2015, at 3:36 AM, Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdreist at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> Am 16.10.2015 um 14:18 schrieb johnw <johnw at mac.com <mailto:johnw at mac.com>>:
>>
>> and also - how do we handle the grounds? is there landuse=castle?
>

> the historic=castle tag will go on the whole site, the individual buildings get their own building tags

Assuming then that the area that the castle **and the outer walls** occupies is historic=castle,

then is there some kind of building=* to cover the castle itself - especially in a multi-building setup where there are smaller secondary buildings, so tagging the actual castle would be nice. Having it be one of those “higher priority” buildings in OSM renderings would be nice too.

If the buildings and the walls are separate, then we need a way to tag both then. We really need a barrier=castle_wall or man_made=castle_wall - as “city wall” is a barrier that used to surround a whole town,
so I think there is a need for barrier=castle_wall or something.

Javbw