[Tagging] http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Bicycle

Paul Johnson baloo at ursamundi.org
Thu Oct 29 12:44:43 UTC 2015

On Thu, Oct 29, 2015 at 7:11 AM, Hubert <sg.forum at gmx.de> wrote:

> Thanks for the link.
>
> I agree for „lanes=*“.
>

> But “*:lanes=*” is still a different story. One could also use “*:lanes=*”
> on segregated foot- and cycleways. For example
>
> highway=path
>
> degregated=yes
>
> bicycle=designated
>
> bicycle:lanes=yes|no
>
> foot=designated
>
> foot:lanes=no|yes
>

> Although this example is pretty trivial.

Trivial, sure, though there could theoretically be (and Tulsa has had plans
on paper that I don't expect to see light in reality for a long time to
come, but good to know they're planning for future volume) multilane
divided and segregated paths, so..there's that.  There's also instances
on-street in some places with multiple bicycle lanes of travel in one
direction, and bicycle specific turn lanes, so a lot of the same routing
issues that come up for motorists in regards to lane position also come up
in reality for today's cyclists.