[Tagging] highway=service major type sub-classification - mini vote

ael law_ence.dev at ntlworld.com
Wed Apr 20 22:00:35 UTC 2016

On Sun, Apr 17, 2016 at 05:35:21PM +0100, Chris Hill wrote:
> >>In en_US, alley is generally a road where you can drive, but which is so

> >Here British usage is different. You can seldom drive on a alley.  It

> I don't entirely agree with your idea about alleys in the UK. We often have
> a roadway behind terraced houses which offer a way to access the rear of the

I agree that there are some regions where the typical alley is like
that. All of which, I think, reinforces the need for a clear definition
of when to use the subtag. Maybe we can agree that it means vehicle
access possible, even if that is not always the local understanding.
But it needs to be stated on the wiki page if that is agreed.

ael