[Tagging] Do-it-yourself versus hardware stores

Matthijs Melissen info at matthijsmelissen.nl
Tue Feb 9 09:26:21 UTC 2016

On 9 February 2016 at 07:31, Marc Gemis <marc.gemis at gmail.com> wrote:
> The Hubo shop I know best  (Reet, Belgium) sells  fencing, flooring,
> garden furniture, etc. besides all the tools. So it fits the DIY
> better than the hardware definition.

That's correct and something I'm aware of. Hubo in Belgium is very
different from Hubo in the Netherland. The chains are not even owned
by the same entity.

Dutch Hubo: http://www.hubo.nl/sites/default/files/Ondernemers/HU-Eersel-pand.jpg
/ http://www.hubo.nl/sites/default/files/Ondernemers/Wilbert5.jpeg
Belgian Hubo: https://media.hubo.be/img/4492.jpg?base=stores&sub=hea&bottom=h75&name=8812982927390.jpg

Of course the problem with using size to distinguish between hardware
and doityourself is what to do with intermediary cases. How would you
classify, for instance, a store like this?
http://westerbork.hubo.nl/sites/default/files/Westerbork_new.jpg?1373797524

-- Matthijs