[Tagging] Do-it-yourself versus hardware stores

Marc Gemis marc.gemis at gmail.com
Tue Feb 9 10:03:11 UTC 2016

On Tue, Feb 9, 2016 at 10:26 AM, Matthijs Melissen
<info at matthijsmelissen.nl> wrote:
> Of course the problem with using size to distinguish between hardware
> and doityourself is what to do with intermediary cases. How would you
> classify, for instance, a store like this?
> http://westerbork.hubo.nl/sites/default/files/Westerbork_new.jpg?1373797524

Hard to tell, when you cannot see inside :-)

Hardware is mainly about machines (and nuts and bolts), a DIY has a
lot of other stuff as well. For me it's not about the size, but about
the catalogue.
I don't know any DIY chains (Brico, Gamma, Hubo) in Belgium that is a
hardware store. For me, a hardware store  is more likely to target a
professional audience by selling quality (or more expensive brands of)
machines, although the general public is welcome.

I don't know http://www.ooms-ijzerwaren.com/  (in Dutch), but this one
is a hardware store for me (by looking at the description on the
website)

m.