[Tagging] Feature Proposal - Voting - Government offices

Matthijs Melissen info at matthijsmelissen.nl
Tue Feb 16 22:43:46 UTC 2016

On 15 February 2016 at 12:14, Martin Koppenhoefer
<dieterdreist at gmail.com> wrote:
> 1. the proposal seems to suggest that there is only one "main seat" of a
> ministry, but in Germany we had the historical situation of many ministries
> divided between Berlin and Bonn as part of the compromise to move the
> government to Berlin. IMHO it doesn't make sense to exclude those "seondary"
> seats from the tag, like the proposal currently seems to do.

In this case, both are "main seats", of course. Probably in more
countries you will find situations like this. This clause was merely
included to make clear that for example tax offices shouldn't be
tagged as government=ministry, even when they have a sign saying 'Tax
office - Ministry of Finance' next to their entrance.

-- Matthijs