[Tagging] Feature Proposal - Voting - Aquatics centre

Colin Smale colin.smale at xs4all.nl
Wed Jan 6 07:39:33 UTC 2016

John, I think you will find that many water/ice sports including the
ones you mention have specific requirements regarding the pools/rinks. A
pool for water polo/swimming/diving/ice hockey as a proper sport
requires that a pool/rink be of a certain shape, size and depth and with
certain markings, and be fitted with certain features such as starting
blocks and goals. It's like a "pitch" with surface=water/ice.

Yes I know you can swim as a leisure activity in almost any bit of
water, but you can also play soccer in the park with jumpers as
goalposts. But that is just a leisure activity, not an organised sport
as such.

--colin