[Tagging] Feature Proposal - Voting - Aquatics centre

Tom Pfeifer t.pfeifer at computer.org
Wed Jan 6 16:00:14 UTC 2016

Martin Koppenhoefer wrote on 2016/01/06 16:46:
> I'd question whether you can't do anything else besides the sport the facility is built for.
> Have a look at upcoming events at the Berlin velodrome: [...]
> Huge stadiums are often used for concerts.

Yes of course you can use the sports_centre differently, you can have a concert, you
can have a flea market when there is no ice in the rink, put a refugee tent on the
soccer ground, and you could rent the aquatics centre for a romantic wedding around the
pool, without jumping in.

Still the main purpose is a sports_centre :-)

> Also aquatics centres can be used differently, e.g. this one: https://de.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stadtbad_Oderberger_Stra├če
> The difference is that this is an ex-location, there's neither the water nor the air temperature but just the structure,
 > this wouldn't get the tag leisure=aquatics_centre (but likely a building tag that's informative).

Yes we are in sync at this point, it is comparable to a former church building now used for concerts or climbing.

tom