[Tagging] Feature Proposal - Voting - Aquatics centre

John Willis johnw at mac.com
Thu Jan 7 07:00:31 UTC 2016

> On Jan 7, 2016, at 12:12 AM, Tom Pfeifer <t.pfeifer at computer.org> wrote:
>
> But the stand-alone criterion holds for other sports as well. You have multi-purpose
> sports_centres, opposed to single-purpose ones.

What I was trying to say - I put it badly - is that aquatic sports and other sports do not overlap because their surfaces are tagged differently. There may be a pool at a gym or a school, but a aquatics centre is so separate from almost any thing else. It is a collection of pools, not pitches. Unless the facility is built to completely obscure/cover the pool and use the open space for some other purpose, there is very little that can be done at one.

Also - at least in my experience - sports facilities, "sports grounds" in Japan, gymnasiums, and other "centres" that are flexible often have many different kinds of above ground sports and events (music, dance, graduation ceremonies) - rarely overlap at all with a aquatics centre.

We can add a leisure=swimming_pool to just about any landuse - including a sports centre. Many Gyms have a small lap pool. So do many houses and schools. Just a pitch can be added most anywhere.

But A collection of pools seems very different than a collection of pitches, regardless of if they are grass, dirt, clay, or wood. It is right there in our description: pools vs pitches ^__^

Javbw