[Tagging] "no right turn on red" tagging?

Bryan Housel bryan at 7thposition.com
Sat Jul 2 15:37:38 UTC 2016

Most tools follow the rule described here:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Relation:restriction <http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Relation:restriction>

"If the first word is "no_", then no routing is possible from the "from" to the "to" member. If it is "only_", then you know that the only routing originating from the "from" member leads to the "to" member. This distinction is also shown in the examples section <http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Relation:restriction#Examples> of this page.”

So OSRM is correct in this case.

If you want to make up a new restriction relation type, it’s better to use new tags.
for example:
  type=restriction:on_red
  restriction:on_red=no_right_turn

Thanks, Bryan