[Tagging] Tag for a scrap yard?

ael law_ence.dev at ntlworld.com
Mon Jul 4 20:25:10 UTC 2016

On Mon, Jul 04, 2016 at 08:26:23PM +0100, Dan S wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I don't know, but a taginfo search suggests one approach people use
> rather widely is amenity=recycling + recycling=scrap_metal:
> http://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/keys/recycling%3Ascrap_metal

The wiki seemed to suggest that was for containers - recycling points
where stuff was left. Which didn't seem to fit.

I used amenity=scrap_yard and scrap-yard=metal until I had something
better. I have just realized that I should really have asked on the
tagging list, so will cc that in.

Thanks for the reply.

ael