[Tagging] Tag for a scrap yard?

Tom Pfeifer t.pfeifer at computer.org
Mon Jul 4 21:50:51 UTC 2016

apparently the start of the thread is on the GB-talk list.

ael wrote on 2016/07/04 22:25:

> The wiki seemed to suggest that was for containers - recycling points
> where stuff was left. Which didn't seem to fit.

I cannot find such suggestion. amenity=recycling is distinguished
into either recycling_type=centre or recycling_type=container,
and you can specify the material among others: recycling:scrap_metal=yes/no

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:amenity%3Drecycling

> I used amenity=scrap_yard

Only used 4 times, should be changed as above.

> and scrap-yard=metal

When the related value has an underscore you should not introduce a
hyphen here.

But please follow the stream:

amenity=recycling   164677x
recycling_type=centre 8200x