[Tagging] amenity=retirement_home and social facility

Tom Pfeifer t.pfeifer at computer.org
Tue Jul 5 09:48:12 UTC 2016

Greg Troxel wrote on 2016/07/02 01:08:

> Almost no one moves to a "group home" because of age-related mobility or
> cognitive issues.

Hm, maybe that is not so visible as a facility, but certainly lots of fitter
seniors join to share a flat, with an individual room for each of them,
privately organised among them.

I also read about experiments with Alzheimer patients to supervise a small
group of them in a regular apartment in contrast to a nursing home.

> I no longer see any facility called retirement home.  I used to, and I
> think it was something that was a little bit like AL but less care,
> before the state set standards of what could be provided and what
> training was needed for people to do it.

There seems to be similar standardisation in Germany, where a nursing cost
insurance is now mandatory, so also how that money is spent is being
regulated.

Colin Smale wrote on 2016/07/02 01:36:

 > Why not try taking a more objective approach with the tagging? I mean less
 > emphasis on what it is called (which clearly varies widely and is subject to
 > discussion) and more emphasis on what it is, which should be less controversial
 > and give a quicker convergence.

+1

tom