[Tagging] amenity=retirement_home and social facility

Tom Pfeifer t.pfeifer at computer.org
Tue Jul 5 10:38:58 UTC 2016

Martin Koppenhoefer wrote on 2016/07/05 12:17:
> Maybe we have a more profound problem here with the "social facility" tag, and it comes out,
 > it wasn't the best of all ideas to have "social facility" as a generic category? In the end,
 > if this covers all kind of different stuff (soup kitchen, nursing home etc.)

I don't see this problem. I'd keep amenity=social_facility for everything that has some
organised social support, from permanent or mobile nurses, supervision, to street worker;
in contrast to other things with restrictions.

So Greg's minimum_age condos are not different from fenced residential communities with
minimum_income=1 M p.a.

And I'm quite happy that Carto renders social_facility as it does, since I can always
hover the question mark over the facility to get the details, or build an overlay if
I need to visualise all soup kitchens in the city in blue and the nursing homes in green.

tom