[Tagging] How to tag: public lands that are accessed by permit?

moltonel moltonel at gmail.com
Wed Jul 27 08:54:48 UTC 2016

On 21 July 2016 12:31:42 GMT+01:00, me at chrisfleming.org wrote:

>In my view access=permit seems like they way to go. Having
>access=private with permit=something adds to the complexity without
>adding value. Keep it simple.

Joining this discussion late, but just as another datapoint, this usecase (permit required but routinely granted) matches one I mapped a while ago: a pilgrim path in Ireland that goes in part through private land. You need to apply for permit at the local abbey (no online form available). I went  with access=permit at the time: it seemed to fit very well, without needing a big discussion thread :p

http://www.openstreetmap.org/relation/1969406

--
Vincent Dp